Created for expats living in Japan

English-Speaking Lawyers in Tokyo

Even if you speak Japanese, you may want to consult in English about personal issues or legal issues concerning your job. We have gathered law firms and organizations in Tokyo where you can consult with English-speaking lawyers. There are also several organizations in Tokyo where you can consult for free for work-related matters. 

Please consult with each organization regarding your concerns.

If you are looking for more free consultations in Japan, please read "Free Consultation in English for Foreign Residents in Japan" and "Where Can Foreigners Ask for Advice on Living in Japan?".

Free Consultation for Foreign Residents in Tokyo

1. Consultation at Municipal or Metropolitan Office

Tokyo Metropolitan Government consultation services and Municipal consultation services (wards).

2. Tokyo International Communication Committee

They hold consultations on a preset day, please visit the link for details.

3. Tokyo Metropolitan Government Foreign Residents' Advisory Center

Problems related to: Daily life or urgent enquiries, Japanese customs, Japanese culture and social systems, traffic accidents, or  concerning your family and children.

4. Tokyo Metropolitan Education Consultation Center

Consultation services on education of children and students

5. Tokyo Metropolitan Comprehensive Consumer Center

If you experience problems with a purchased object etc. They provide services for residents, who work or study in Tokyo.

6. Tokyo Youth Comprehensive Consultation Center “WAKA-Navi

You can basically ask any questions you have as anonymous.

Free Consultation for Labour or Work Related Matters for Foreign Residents in Tokyo

1. Tokyo Labour Bureau

Information on Advisory Services on Working Conditions from Tokyo Labour Bureau

2. Ministry of Health Labour and Welfare

Telephone consultation service for foreign workers and hotline for working condition consultation service.

3. Tokyo Career Consulting Desk Ministry of Health Labour and Welfare

Professional career consultants will consult you in detail via phone or email to any questions regarding to work in Tokyo.

4. Labor Consultation Service for Foreign Workers

It's run by The Tokyo Metropolitan Government.

5. Tokyo Employment Consultation Center

Attorneys will consult on labor-related laws and give you advice for free of charge.

6. Tokyo Employment Service Center for Foreigners

For these Visa status people:
Engineer / Specialist in Humanities / International Services
Skilled Labor
Students (full time employment not part time)

7. National Tax Agency

For any questions about taxes

One Stop Center - FRESC

Foreign Residents Support Center (FRESC) is an one-stop center located in Yotsuya - Tokyo. You can ask professional advice from these organizations.

1) Immigration services agency of japan


3) Tokyo Regional Immigration Services Bureau

4) MOFA Visa Information

5) Japan Legal Support Center (Houterasu)

6) Tokyo Employment service center for foreigners

7) Tokyo labour bureau consultation and support office for foreigners




Address: Yotsuya Tour 13F, 1-6-1 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo

Access: 1 min. walk from Yotsuya Station

TEL: 0580-011000 / 03-5363-3013

English-Speaking Lawyers in Tokyo

Legal Counseling Center for Foreigners

Legal Counseling Center for Foreigners provide counseling on matters related to foreign residents.

TEL: 0570-055-289

Hiroo Park Law Firm

Hiroo Park Law Firm is specialized in family law, immigration, labor law and criminal defense, real estate and international cases. 

TEL: 03-5422-6713

Legal Matters for Corporations

Please refer to our list of Corporate Tokyo Law Firms: English-Speaking Attorneys