Created for expats living in Japan


Administrative and legal information for foreigners living in Japan, such as Japanese laws, how to provide  documents to government offices, how to receive legal advice, and contact information on English-speaking lawyers.

Corporate Tokyo Law Firms: English-Speaking Attorneys
Japan Residence Card (Zairyu Card) and Residence Management System
Taxes in Japan: Filing Japanese Income Tax in Japan
Japanese Consumption Tax (VAT)
Age Restrictions in Japan: Drinking, Smoking, Voting & More
Child Allowance System (Jidō Teate) in Japan
English-Speaking Lawyers in Tokyo
Free Legal Consultation in English for Foreign Residents in Japan
How to Receive Unemployment Benefits in Japan
Where Can Foreigners Ask for Advice on Living in Japan?
Japan Rent Relief Grants - Housing Security Benefits
Things You Should Know about Status of Residence (Visa) in Japan
Hiring Foreign Workers in Japan and How to Apply for Visa
Japan's National Pension System
Registering or Changing Your Address in Japan
What is Japan My Number Card?
A Guide to Getting Married in Japan